Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Version 2000 vs 2003 Trendline Problem

My coworker has Office 2003 Professional Edition (11.8169.8172) SP3 and
has one chart in Excel with two line graphs based on the months of the
past year. She has a trendline visible on one of the series. She has
tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to have a trendline for BOTH series
to indicate the upwards or downward trends over time.

She saved the file and I opened it from our shared server. I have
Office 2000 Professional. I was able to see the trendline for the second
series AND not just once, but for every single attempt she made. (smirking)

WHY is she unable to view the trendline applied to the second series?
It's obviously applying it somehow since I'm able to view it. Oh, and
after I open it and resave it, she opened it and was able to see the
trend on the second series.

Any ideas on what's going on? I really don't want to have to add
trendlines every time she needs them...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Rita Palazzi
Project Engineer