Old August 10th 16, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, but it sure is a lot easier.

Hi
try the following:
- put 100 in an empty cell and copy this cell
- select your other values
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Multiply' to multiply them
all in one single step

Thanks,
Suresh

Old August 18th 16, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:04:54 PM UTC+6, Cristina Paul wrote:
Found it!
Highlight cells to remove % from
Use Find/replace from top Home menu
Find %
replace - <put in one space using space bar
will convert to 100x each cell but will still have %
Use Format Cell and use cells as numbers with 2 decimal points
thus it divides all cells by 100 but you end up with cells with the original number without % sign...

yea!
Tina

On Monday, March 03, 2008 2:28 AM chscot wrote:

I played around for a while, but could not find a format code to make 80%
display as 80. I could not get this to work on the sheet cells format
either. You could right click the value axis, choose Format, choose Number
and type in the format code .00 to make 80% display as .80 but it sounds like
you don't want that.

Do you really need to get rid of the percentage sign? I think it would make
the chart more readable and easier to interpret if it were there. Tufte would
agree.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

" wrote:

On Monday, March 03, 2008 9:32 AM Jon Peltier wrote:

If you want to keep the original data unchanged, but plot different data,
then use another range, put in a formula like =100*B2 to convert B2 from a
percentage to a number, and use this data in your chart. Put it on another
sheet if your boss would otherwise get confused.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message

On Monday, March 03, 2008 10:17 AM Jon Peltier wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, but it sure is a lot easier. Worksheet space
is cheap, and brainpower to force Excel to do what it doesn't want to is
expensive.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:41 AM aonnim wrote:

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Operations on a Text File with ADO.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...th-adonet.aspx

Hey guys,

i must say its much easier.
thanks a lot.