ExcelBanter

-   -   Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/178527-value-axis-how-remove-percent-sign-without-changing-values.html)

[email protected] March 3rd 08 05:17 AM

Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Christopher Scott [MSFT] March 3rd 08 08:28 AM

Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

I played around for a while, but could not find a format code to make 80%
display as 80. I could not get this to work on the sheet cells format
either. You could right click the value axis, choose Format, choose Number
and type in the format code .00 to make 80% display as .80 but it sounds like
you don't want that.

Do you really need to get rid of the percentage sign? I think it would make
the chart more readable and easier to interpret if it were there. Tufte would
agree.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

Jon Peltier March 3rd 08 03:32 PM

Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

If you want to keep the original data unchanged, but plot different data,
then use another range, put in a formula like =100*B2 to convert B2 from a
percentage to a number, and use this data in your chart. Put it on another
sheet if your boss would otherwise get confused.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

[email protected] March 3rd 08 04:03 PM

Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

Thanks for looking into this Christopher.

Jon, it's a brilliant suggestion to use an intermediate table to
generate the graph. Thanks a million!

Anne

Jon Peltier March 3rd 08 04:17 PM

Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, but it sure is a lot easier. Worksheet space
is cheap, and brainpower to force Excel to do what it doesn't want to is
expensive.

- Jon
-------

[email protected] May 11th 14 08:59 AM

On Monday, March 3, 2008 4:17:02 AM UTC, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Tina, you are genius! Thanks for this helpful tip!

[email protected] August 20th 14 12:29 PM

On Monday, March 3, 2008 9:47:02 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

you can =cell addres * 100
Thats it very simple Dear

[email protected] August 24th 15 01:50 PM

On Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:17:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Cristina!

[email protected] October 29th 15 11:22 AM

Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, but it sure is a lot easier.

On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 10:34:54 PM UTC+5:30, Cristina Paul wrote:
Found it!
Highlight cells to remove % from
Use Find/replace from top Home menu
Find %
replace - <put in one space using space bar
will convert to 100x each cell but will still have %
Use Format Cell and use cells as numbers with 2 decimal points
thus it divides all cells by 100 but you end up with cells with the original number without % sign...

yea!
Tina

wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:41 AM aonnim wrote:

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Operations on a Text File with ADO.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...th-adonet.aspx

Thanks Christina it was of great help..............