Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Banding when printing Gradients in Excel 2007

I use complex spreadsheets with macros to report company sales data. The
reports were created in Excel 2002. When I print the charts from 2002, they
print fine... text is crisp and gradients are gradients. When I print the
same charts in Excel 2007, the gradients don't print. Rather I get a series
of four distinct color bands. The lines and text are also not crisp but
rather jagged.
We use a color "powerhouse" laser printer -- Gestener aka Ricoh (too many
copies to print on an inkjet).
Has anyone had this problem? Anyone know of a fix?