Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Get data labels off of my data series!

I have a clustered column chart with 2 data series. Data labels are formulas
which pull values from another sheet (used to show the delta between the 2
data series). For some reason, they like to sit right on top of one of the
data series, and each time the chart is updated I have to move the labels up.
This is extremely annoying and I'd like the labels to get the heck out of
the way without my manual intervention. I tried changing the label position
under Label Options, and I also tried changing the vertical alignment under
Alignment, Text Layout - both to no avail.

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could add a line chart series to the chart, using Y values that put the
points where you think the labels should be positioned. Format the line
series to have no markers or lines, and affix the labels to this series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions