Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 crashes when I try to modify a data series formula!

Every time I try to change a chart data series by clicking in the formula
bar, Excel 2007 crashes. Has anyone else run into this problem?

It's not really urgent that I fix this problem, it's just extremely annoying
to have to change my charts by going into "Select Data" every single time.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have not experienced this issue. Have you applied SP1? What kind of chart
is it?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Mike" wrote in message
Every time I try to change a chart data series by clicking in the formula
bar, Excel 2007 crashes. Has anyone else run into this problem?

It's not really urgent that I fix this problem, it's just extremely
annoying
to have to change my charts by going into "Select Data" every single time.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

I do have SP1. I don't know if this matters, but I am running Windows XP
Professional.

The chart is a very basic line chart. Nothing tricky like using named
ranges, secondary axes, log scales, trendlines, etc, etc...

"Mike" wrote in message
Every time I try to change a chart data series by clicking in the formula
bar, Excel 2007 crashes. Has anyone else run into this problem?

It's not really urgent that I fix this problem, it's just extremely
annoying
to have to change my charts by going into "Select Data" every single time.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

One of the earlier betas was kind of flaky like this, but it's been stable
for a long time now. Does it happen on any file or just one in particular?

When's the last time you cleaned out the temp directory? Close down as many
programs as possible, go to Start menu Run, enter %temp% and press Enter,
then delete as many of the files there as Windows will allow. Then, what the
hell, shut down the computer, leave it off for a couple minutes, and try
again (I don't think we need to bother with the chicken's feet and pig's
blood at this point).

- Jon
-------