Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Missing Graph Functionality

In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a
data series in a graph:

fill effects | shadows

This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This does
not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this selection?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Are you sure about that selection in 2003.
For a column chart the option of a Shadow is available on the Patterns tab.
The Fill Effects button displays a dialog with Gradient, Texture, Pattern
and Picture. But these are all fill effects and not shadows.

Any way in xl2007 you would select the series and then using Chart Tools
Format Shape Styles Shape Effects Shadow
You now have a host of shadow effects which can be applied.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"dturpin1" wrote in message
In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a
data series in a graph:

fill effects | shadows

This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This
does
not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this
selection?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy,

You are correct, it does not say shadows, it says fill | effect | shading.
This would give me shading on the left and right sides. Can that be done in
Office 2007?

"dturpin1" wrote in message
In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a
data series in a graph:

fill effects | shadows

This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This
does
not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this
selection?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy,

I found it. I needed to go one more step past what you said to Direction.
That gives me the left and right shading on the graph series that I was
missing.