Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default bar inside larger bar

I don't know if anyone has figured out how to do bar charts with
small bars within larger bars before, but I've discovered a very
simple way to do it with excel 007:

http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/charts/ch...erlapping_bars

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Gary -

You've done a lot of work since I last visited your site. Good stuff.

For non users of 2007, and for those who don't like working with huge
borders and the like in 2007, it's still pretty easy to create these nested
charts. Plot the wider series on the primary axis, and assign it a smaller
gap width. Plot the narrower series on the secondary axis so it plots in
front, give it a larger gap width so the bars are thinner, and remove the
secondary category and value axes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Gklass" wrote in message
I don't know if anyone has figured out how to do bar charts with
small bars within larger bars before, but I've discovered a very
simple way to do it with excel 007:

http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/charts/ch...erlapping_bars

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

thanks Jon,

And I just realized that the problem with my method is that the border
extends the height of the larger bar. (that can be adjusted, but your
way is easier).