Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Camera in Excel 2007

Dear Group,

who knows the following effect:
Using Excel 2007 SP1 with Windows XP SP2, Excel cameras which show charts
are blank after opening the workbook. After working a while, or
doubleclicking the cams several times, the cameras suddenly refresh.
I could also observe that charts haven't refreshed after changing a value.
Calculation is set to Auto.
I can reproduce this on two different computers (XP).
Does XL2007 work better with Vista?

Thanks in advance,
Holger.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are you using the camera to simply make a copy of the chart? Why not just
make a copy of the chart, and put it where the camera object is?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Holger Gerths" wrote in message
Dear Group,

who knows the following effect:
Using Excel 2007 SP1 with Windows XP SP2, Excel cameras which show charts
are blank after opening the workbook. After working a while, or
doubleclicking the cams several times, the cameras suddenly refresh.
I could also observe that charts haven't refreshed after changing a value.
Calculation is set to Auto.
I can reproduce this on two different computers (XP).
Does XL2007 work better with Vista?

Thanks in advance,
Holger.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm doing this with different intentions:
- rotating column charts to get bar charts because of known difficulties
with bars and XY (scatter),
- switching different charts with conditional excel-names,
- adjusting charts with excel-names behind the camera that use =offset() in
combination with 1 pixel-size columns and rows and
- simply copy and stack charts to be able to reach each single chart easily

This is an example.
http://itbuero.gerths.de/download/DeviationBars.xlsx
Here, the first two stacked cameras are shown immediately and the other two
not.

Holger.

"Jon Peltier" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ah, so you really need the camera objects.

I have heard of issues with camera object in 2007, but I use these objects
rarely, so I don't recall details. In at least one case, a problem with
camera objects went away after the user installed a printer driver.

- Jon
-------
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have installed several printer drivers and I have tried out all of a them
as default printer,
but this has not changed anything.
Could you imagine that this effect would change when using Vista instead of
XP?
I opened the xlsx as zip and found the cameras in xl\media as emf-files.
There I can see that the cams are sometimes empty.

Thanks, Holger.