Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Variables on X & Y Axis

I am attempting to create a graph showing employee performance in two
categories. Employees are are graded in two broad areas, one score is out of
32 and the other score is out of 24.

I want to plot Category 1 (32 points) on the Y axis and Category 2 (24
points) on the X axis. The Legend would show the Employee Name.

I have tried using a Scatter Graph, but the postion of the employee on the
graph changes according to how many employees are grouped on the graph.

Any suggestions will be very welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Does the position change because the values aren't being plotted accurately
along the axis, or because the axis scale changes?

How many employees? If it isn't too many, put the employee names in the
first column, score 1 in the second, and score 2 in the third. Select the
second and third columns and make an XY chart. DO NOT make a Line chart.
Finally, use on of these free tools to add the labels in the first column to
the plotted data as data labels. This labels the points directly, without
forcing the reader to use the legend to translate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Charles" wrote in message
I am attempting to create a graph showing employee performance in two
categories. Employees are are graded in two broad areas, one score is out
of
32 and the other score is out of 24.

I want to plot Category 1 (32 points) on the Y axis and Category 2 (24
points) on the X axis. The Legend would show the Employee Name.

I have tried using a Scatter Graph, but the postion of the employee on the
graph changes according to how many employees are grouped on the graph.

Any suggestions will be very welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon, it was the Y axis minimum changing, HR didn't want tick labels
and it needed you to wake me up.

As always, we can get from simple to the most complex help here - GREAT.

Charles