Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I use data from 2 separate worksheets in one chart?

Both worksheets are in the same workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

What version of Excel are you using:

In 2003 and earlier in the Chart Wizard in the Data range box on step 2,
highlight one of the ranges, then hold down the Ctrl key and highlight the
other range.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Both worksheets are in the same workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Both ranges highlighted in this way must be on the same worksheet.

You can use data from different sheets in the same chart, but the X values
or Y values within a single series cannot be split over multiple worksheets.
You could construct a summary table linking to the separate sheets. This
page gives more details:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...

"Skeety" wrote:

Both worksheets are in the same workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon,

Don't forget the page: ?

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Skeety" wrote:

Both worksheets are in the same workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Doh!!

Here's the link I forgot:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

- Jon
-------

"Skeety" wrote:

Both worksheets are in the same workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Skeety,

If the data is on different sheets you can use the Series tab of the 2nd
step of the Chart Wizard to specify each of the ranges one at a time. These
ranges can even be in different workbooks.

I didn't check out the site Jon recommended yet.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire