Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
GR GR is offline

Default Removing weekend/holiday dates - cont'd

Sorry but I must be missing something. I'm with you until "Axis Options", but
under "Axis Options" I don't see anything that says "Axis Type" or anything
that gives me the option to have a text axis. Thanks

p.s. I am using a scatter chart

"Andy Pope" wrote:

For xl2007,

Select chart and then x axis. CTRL+1 to open Format dialog.
Axis Options Axis Type: Text axis

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" wrote in message
sorry, i should have been more clear, how do i do it in 07? i've been all
over the ribbon and can't find the chart options that 03 had, and right
clicking doesn't give it to me.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message
How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can not see it because it is not there for scatter chart.
It a setting for Line/column/bar/area charts.

With a xy scatter the axis is purely numeric.

If you want to exclude dates you will need to change to Line chart in
order to treat each date as a category.

Cheers
Andy

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message

How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
GR GR is offline

Thanks - I changed it to a line chart and that worked.

But I get a different problem when I do that. The range I am referencing for
the chart includes a bunch of empty cells at the end of the range (these
cells are updated automatically on a daily basis by an application that
writes data to the workbook). These aforementioned cells are completely
empty; i.e. no formulas or anything. The problem is that the line chart
continues to plot the empty values - I only want to plot the data from those
cells in the specified range that actually contain values. Can I do this for
a line chart? I tried playing around with the "Hidden and Empty Cells"
feature under Select Data but this did not resolve the issue - it seems like
this feature does not allow you to ignore (i.e. NOT plot) data with empty
cells.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message

How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I assume the axis is plotting the labels but the line stops at the empty
cells.
In which case you need to adjust the range used for category labels.
Either hide those cells manually or with filtering,
or use the dynamic chart approach.

Cheers
Andy