Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie Chart with other charts representing each slice

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to start researching this, so I'm starting here.

I have a user who would like to create a pie chart representing totals. She
would then like to have "offshoot" charts indicating the values used to
arrive at the total for each slice. These separate charts should be
positioned next to each slice it represents.

Can Excel do this automatically, or will she have to create charts for each
slice separately?

We are using Excel 2007.

Thanks for any suggestions - please let me know if more detail is needed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Nothing built-in, you will have to create the compound chart yourself.
See Jon's variation using pies.

Cheers
Andy

--