Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Problem with plot

I have a scatter chart with a single plot that gets its data from the formula
=E7/C7, which works great. But when C7 is blank or a zero, you get the
#DIV/0! error. So I tried to clean it up and use =IF(C7=0,"0",E7/C7). But now
it plots it as a 1 instead of a 0. When I revert back to the =E7/C7, it
correctly plots it as a 0. Why would it plot it as a 1 when the false value
makes it a zero?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Why is your zero wrapped in quotes?
Try =IF(C7=0,0,E7/C7)

Normally text is plotted as zero so your formula should have worked.
Is that the x or y value?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

DUH! Thanks, it worked great. It was the x value. I have y=1 so I get a
simple line chart with a floating point.
Have a great day!
Dan