Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Text boxes not gettin selected and copied in a stacked 3-D column

I have a stacked column with a 3-D visual effect graph. I have cleared the
grid-lines and the walls. When I drag the text box and write in the graph,
over the columns (on the walls), the text appears but when I try and copy the
graph by selecting it, the text boxes disappear and I don't get them when I
paste the graph elsewhere. How do I go about copying the graph with the text
boxes?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need to select the chart before adding the text box, so that the text
box is added to the chart. Otherwise the textbox is merely another object
embedded on the underlying worksheet, and when the chart is selected it
comes in front of the other objects.

By the way, the 3D effects are distorting the information display of your
chart, and adding extraneous shapes and lines to the chart which tend to
clutter the display. 2D displays are superior in this regard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions