Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel Chart

I am creating a line chart but the lines do not show. The tick marks are the
only things showing. Also, I am trying to show my X-axis as 0 - 10 years with
gridlines begining at 0 and ending at 10 for weach year. I really need some
help.
--
JES
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are there blank cells between cells containing data? By default, Excel
doesn't plot these cells, so it doesn't draw the lines connecting them. Go
to Tools menu Options Chart tab, and choose Interpolate for how you want
Excel to deal with empty cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"James E Smith" wrote in message
I am creating a line chart but the lines do not show. The tick marks are
the
only things showing. Also, I am trying to show my X-axis as 0 - 10 years
with
gridlines begining at 0 and ending at 10 for weach year. I really need
some
help.
--
JES

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi James,

Could you explain the gridline thing with an example

Are the years entered as dates: 1/1/2009 or are they entered as numbers: 2001?

And you want to break a 12 month year into 10 equal segments? 365/10 = 36.5??

If the lines don't come back with Jon's suggestion then the problem may be
in the Format, Data Series dialog box. Double-click the series, select the
Patterns tab, make sure Line is not None and that the color is different the
the fill color for the plot area.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire