Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to skip cells in column for charting

I have made a handy stock info table. Each stock has its own column (columns
3-10). Most rows show just share prices for the stocks held, but some show
numbers of shares or total invested in the stock. The rows of share prices
are marked in column 2 as "price." Is there a way of not charting the rows
not marked as "price?"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could create a dependent table where you put the headings, and where the
row says price, use that value, otherwise add a formula of NA(), such as

=IF($B2="price",C2,NA())

and then chart that table.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Ruggiero" wrote in message
I have made a handy stock info table. Each stock has its own column
(columns
3-10). Most rows show just share prices for the stocks held, but some
show
numbers of shares or total invested in the stock. The rows of share
prices
are marked in column 2 as "price." Is there a way of not charting the
rows
not marked as "price?"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You could use autofilter on the range and only display those marked as
Price.
With the chart selected use Tools Options Chart, to check the Plot
visible cells only is checked.
And if your chart is located above the rows you might want the set the
Don't move and size with cells option. Right click chart area and use
the properties tab of the format dialog.

Cheers
Andy