Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to show multiple charts overlayed onto one another

At the wastewater plant, we have a test called a settleometer test that is
run every day. Simply put we put mixed liquor into a 1 liter graduated
container and watch it settle over a period of 30 minutes at 5 minute
increments. Then plot the the curve of the settling as millilters vs time.
Very easy to do on graph paper or transparent graph paper by hand . What I
would lkie to do is to extract the data from Access database and export to
excel and be able to pick say a weeks worth of them and have the curves
plotted all on same xy coordinate system with each days data as separate
color. The data points would be 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 25 min, 30 min
and they are saved as separtate fields in database. Getting values to excel
is not a problem, but I would like to automate excel to create the curve for
each day and then plot those on a chart. Or at least know how to do it once
data is there.

Dec 1, 2007 600 500 440 400 290 290
Dec 2, 2007 500 400 300 280 260 260
Dec 3, 2007 400 330 250 230 210 190 (good one)
etc.

This is a basic test to see how healthy the bugs are at a sewer plant and by
comparing the curves, one can actually understand a lot that is going on in
the plant.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Check out this link and see if this type of representation would be any good
for you. Also has a downloadable workbook.

Cheers
--
Mifty

"TFAJr" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Should have put the link in ;-0

http://www.juiceanalytics.com/writin...n-one-will-do/

Then so that you can see data lines for all days there is a link in the blog
from Derek
http://www.branta.demon.co.uk/infogr...et_2_derek.xls

Cheers
--