Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Chart, changing the range of data weekly

Each week I must add rows of data my worksheet that my pivot chart reads
from. How can I:
A: Get my pivot table/chart to recognize the new range of data without
having to do any formatting changes?
B: I would like to use the "refresh" option, but am don't know much about
this feature. What needs to happen in order to be able to use a "refresh"
button? Do I need to create a macro in order for the Refresh button to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

While adding rows to the data. Ensure that the rows are added in the range
previously selected for the pivot table (if you add rows in the area not
selected for the pivot table and then refresh the pivot table won't take it).
After adding the rows you can now enter data into cells. Once completed click
on the pivot table and the pivot toolbar will appear in the excel toolbar
click pivot table tab and click refresh button. The pivot table will
automatically get updated.

Thanks

Suleman

"How to autopopulate a drop down list" wrote:

Each week I must add rows of data my worksheet that my pivot chart reads
from. How can I:
A: Get my pivot table/chart to recognize the new range of data without