Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting fonts in legends...

Dear all,

Can anyone suggest a way to change/format parts of fonts within legend
entries in Excel (I'm using 2007 edition).

I can select each legend entry, and format it to bold, italic etc, but I
need to select certain parts of the text in each entry and format them.

To put it in context, I am plotting dimensions of fossil specimens, and when
referring to them, the convention is to have the latin species name (e.g. T.
rex) in italic, and the authorship (who named the species, and the date) in
normal text (e.g. '[T. rex] Osborn, 1905')(where []= in italics). Scientific
journals always pick up in the editing process, so I need a way to change the
fonts.

At the moment I have to try to export the charts/graphs, then in Corel erase
the text and replace it with text created in Corel, which works ok, but I
would like to know if there is a way to do it in Excel.

I look forward to any advice!

Many thanks in advance,

Tony.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You will have to construct your own legend.
Either, use a data label form one point in the series. This can display
the legend marker and have the text manually formated.
Or a textbox and autoshape.

Neither way is automatic but it may save you repeated trips via a
drawing package.

Cheers
Andy