Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Missing title, axis, Y info on some charts within a workbook

Problem with a User profile and Office 2007 docs
I work as a Network/help desk technician for a company and both myself and
the administrator are stumped as to what is happening. We upgraded from
Office 2003 to Office 2007 in late July and August
This problem started about 3-4 months ago. A user had a problem with some
of the Excel charts within a worksheet not showing the title, Y & axis
information. I could open the file just fine on my PC. I logged into users
PC and opened the file just fine. We checked/compare the application
configurations, etc and they seemed fine against my excel settings. I opened
the file on my PC and resaved the file from my system to the network path in
the 97-2003 format. User still had problem. We opened this file on a PC
that we kept with Office 2003 and resaved it to 97-2003 format which is what
all of our PCs have been setup to do. And it worked. NOW to the point
where we think it has to do with a particular User profiles, whom I will call
Jane. Jane seems to open the file on her PC,and its fine, she makes
changes, saves it to the shared network drive. Another User opens this file
and same problem appears (missing title, Y & axis). This has happened with 4
other people, with this particular file and directory on the network and it
seems to happen after Jane opens the file. We also re-created the 4 users
profiles, thinking their profiles may have become corrupted somehow. We
checked Janes settings and they were fine. We also ran a virus scan on her
PC, checked for adware and everything was fine. We were thinking that it
seems the first person to open a file in this directory after Jane has
opened/save something, causes the file to not appear correctly. We
uninstalled Office 2007 on her PC and we test opening the file on another
users PC and it was fine for awhile. We had the problem happen again with
the excel file. We rebuilt Jane;s profile and it seemed to work for awhile.
Last week another user opened a Powerpoint presentation in that same
directory and he had problems with it. He would put his cursor within a line
of text and was going to make corrections to the line but it makes the
correction in the line above it. The cursor itself will not appear in the
line, it appears between the lines instead. We cant get the cursor on the
exact line, it always appears between lines. I put this in the Active
directory group thinking it was a profile issue and they suggested the office
newsgroup. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks