Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie Chart not showing 0%

Using Excel 2003 sp3, is there a way to tell the chart not to display 0%
values?

I have various tables where the values are 0 and they are showing up on the
Pie chart as 0% (since I am telling it to display the data as percentages).
It shows a thin line and the number 0%.

Is there a way to tell it not to display the 0 values in both the legend and
the Pie chart?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can create helper columns with formulas that will exclude the zeros. You
can then base the pie chart on the helper columns. The example below shows
how:

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/...de_zero_values

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"tshad" wrote:

Using Excel 2003 sp3, is there a way to tell the chart not to display 0%
values?

I have various tables where the values are 0 and they are showing up on the
Pie chart as 0% (since I am telling it to display the data as percentages).
It shows a thin line and the number 0%.

Is there a way to tell it not to display the 0 values in both the legend and
the Pie chart?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"John Mansfield" wrote in message
You can create helper columns with formulas that will exclude the zeros.
You
can then base the pie chart on the helper columns. The example below
shows
how:

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/...de_zero_values

Not sure how to do what he did, but I did find a macro that will clear the
label that works pretty good.

But the problem is that it doesn't take it out of the legend or delete the
line that is really the pie slice.

Thanks,

Tom

--