Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?

I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible?
I need it to compare each series with the mean.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
new series in your graph.
--
David Biddulph

"Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo
wrote in message ...
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
possible?
I need it to compare each series with the mean.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

David,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I realize I didn't express myself
correctly. English is not my native language.

I have the mean, it's the general total from a dynamic table I created. The
problem is that I want to add that column as a new series in a dynamic
graphic. I can do it manually, but that means that I have to create the whole
series one by one (about 40). Is there any way to do it?

Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida.

wrote in message ...
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
possible?
I need it to compare each series with the mean.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Guillermo,
Have you tried this solution:
Select dynamic graph (right click), select "Source Data".
Select "Series" tab. Select "Add" series.
Name: "="Mean"" (omit first " and last ")
Y-values: =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20 (Sheet1 is what ever your sheet name is)
hth