Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Graphing Data

I have the following data in excel (in separate columns)

Start date End Date Number of days Type
08/06/2007 15/07/2007 37 B
15/07/2007 28/08/2007 44 A
29/08/2007 30/09/2007 33 B

I would like to present the data above in a stacked chart so that when i
look at the chart i can see the stack showing 1 column split into each
sections number of days (stacked on top of each other representing time,
almost like a gant chart) with date on the x axis and column 1 off the y
axis. I'd also like to be able to colour the sections of the stacked column
differently depending on Type (whether A or B)

Is there a way of doing this? I've spent ages trying to format the data and
getting it to work and am rather frustrated.

Many thanks

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Howdy. Is this example from Jon's site helpful in what you want?

'Cluster Stack Chart'
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...l#ClusterStack)

--
filosofer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi, thanks for the feedback ,however, i'm after getting this info into one
stacked bar rather than exactly like a gant chart that has separate columns.
Do you know how this can be done.

Thanks