Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default EXCEL 2003 How to swtch frmttng ptterns for RADAR chrt to border/a

I am creating radar chart comparing my new chart with existing chart
(two different excel files on same computer).

On the old chart legend keys displayed as little squares, on the new -
as lines.

When I bring up Format legend Key dialog on the _OLD_ chart, on the
Tab Patterns I see two groups: Border and Area. The Sample shows a
rectangle with colored border.

When I bring up Format legend Key dialog on the _NEW_ chart, on the
Tab Patterns I see another two groups: Line and Marker. The Sample
shows a simply a colored line.

Same difference I see in Patterns Tab for Format Data Series dialog
boxes.

How can I control which Patterns formatting options are presented to
me? I want to able to set legend Keys as squares, not as lines and I
want to use Fill Effects on data series to make the radar chart more
visually appealing, but current formatting options do not show me
Border/Area groups...

any ideas will be appreciated
thanks
john

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Sounds like you have 2 different subtypes of the radar chart.

Border+Area is the Filled radar chart
Line+Marker is normal radar chart.

So select the chart or series right click. Pick Chart Type.
Select the required sub chart type.

Cheers
Andy

Naum wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default EXCEL 2003 How to swtch frmttng ptterns for RADAR chrt to bord

Thank you, Andy,

When I selected Filled chart I was able to do what I needed. All set with
that issue. Posting a couple of others... Never a dull moment...