Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel graph: Specifying the x-axis tic-increment

Hi:
For the x-axis (horizontal axis) how do I specify the tic-mark interval ?
In other words, if the x-min value is 0.0 and the x-max value is 100.0, and I
want evenly-spaced tic-marks with a tic-interval of say 10 (or 25, or 50)
how/where do I specify these values/lables for this axis?

Thank you...

DaleB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Assuming you are using a xy-scatter chart double click the X axis and on the
scale tab set the Major Unit value.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"DaleB" wrote in message
Hi:
For the x-axis (horizontal axis) how do I specify the tic-mark interval ?
In other words, if the x-min value is 0.0 and the x-max value is 100.0,
and I
want evenly-spaced tic-marks with a tic-interval of say 10 (or 25, or 50)
how/where do I specify these values/lables for this axis?

Thank you...

DaleB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi:
Thanx...but...
What you suggest is only available for the y-axis (vertical axis).
The horixontal (x) axis has less options:
none allow you to specify the Major or minor tic-interval.

"DaleB" wrote in message
Hi:
For the x-axis (horizontal axis) how do I specify the tic-mark interval ?
In other words, if the x-min value is 0.0 and the x-max value is 100.0,
and I
want evenly-spaced tic-marks with a tic-interval of say 10 (or 25, or 50)
how/where do I specify these values/lables for this axis?

Thank you...

DaleB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sounds like you are using a Line chart then rather than a XY-scatter.
In a line chart the numbers along the bottom are actually category
labels rather than true numeric values.
With a Line chart you can adjust both
Number of categories between tick-mark labels
Number of categories between tick marks.

Cheers
Andy