Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how to create a jpeg file from Excel Chart

Hello

How can i create a jpegfile from an excel chart quickly.

All ideas much appreciated!!

A despairing Texas Tonie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Texas Tonie said:

How can i create a jpegfile from an excel chart quickly.

Install John Walkenbach's Chart Tools add-in. It produces GIF, PNG, or
JPG files at the press of a button.

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

There is also a facility to let you choose the size of your charts in
pixels.

I would, however, strongly advise you to choose GIF or PNG as your
format, instead of JPG. Not only are they higher quality, they're
actually *more compact* than jpegs. jpegs are designed for photographs
and other images with many colours and gradients and few edges. Charts
have many edges, few colours, and almost no colour gradients, making
JPEG's tools inappropriate for this kind of image, and your nice graphic
will be smudged by ugly jpeg artifacts.

Don't take my word for it, though. Try all three, and judge their file
size and quality for yourself.

--
Del Cotter