Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart with conditional formatting

I have a spreadsheet that I am using to keep track of the RSVPs to a banquet.
The spreadsheet has the standard columns such as first name, last name,
company etc, I have also added columns for table # (the table I have assigned
them for seating at the banquet), a Y/N column to indicate if we have
received payment for the banquet and a Y/N column that shows if they are a
VIP or Speaker. What I would like to do is create a chart using conditional
formatting in worksheet cells. I envision having a row for each table number,
then a column that would represent each seat at the table (each table has 10
seats but I need the chart to have room in case of over seating), the chart
would color format the €śseat€ť cells as follows: no color if the seat is
unassigned, green if the person has paid, red if the person has RSVP but
payment has not been received and blue if the person is a VIP/Speaker. Does
anyone have any ideas on how I can do this or if there is a better method?
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This post shows some modeling that attempts to create a chart-like look via
conditional formatting of worksheet cells . . . perhaps can help?

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/site/analysis/44/

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Charles" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes, use conditional formatting, but if you are trying to colour one cell on
the basis of the content of another cell, use the "Formula is" option,
rather than "Cell value is". If you want the selected cell to change colour
based on whether cell C3 says "VIP", then use "Formula is" =C3="VIP" and set
the colour accordingly. Similarly set up conditions for the other colours
(with the Add button within CF). If you have an order of priority of
conditions, set the highest priority condition first, then it won't go on to
the other tests if the first condition is satisfied.
--
David Biddulph

"Charles" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I am using to keep track of the RSVPs to a
banquet.
The spreadsheet has the standard columns such as first name, last name,
company etc, I have also added columns for table # (the table I have
assigned
them for seating at the banquet), a Y/N column to indicate if we have
received payment for the banquet and a Y/N column that shows if they are a
VIP or Speaker. What I would like to do is create a chart using
conditional
formatting in worksheet cells. I envision having a row for each table
number,
then a column that would represent each seat at the table (each table has
10
seats but I need the chart to have room in case of over seating), the
chart
would color format the "seat" cells as follows: no color if the seat is