Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Scattered chart combined with columns and time-x-axis in XL2007

Dear Group,

until XL2003 I could create a column chart, configure the x-axis to as a
time-axis (for x-scaling purposes)
and I could place scattered charts (as carrier for text and symbols) at any
(non-integer) x-position.

Using XL2007, scattered charts can only be positioned on x-integer-values.
So I am forced to put a second transparent scattered-chart over the
column-chart?
Or is there any better way to do this in ONE chart?

Thanks in advance: Holger.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ironically, the XY series can plot anywhere along a text axis in 2007. The
first category is at X=1, the second at X=2, etc. I hadn't noticed (or at
least I hadn't remembered) that the time scale axis didn't work this way.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Holger Gerths" wrote in message
.. .
Dear Group,

until XL2003 I could create a column chart, configure the x-axis to as a
time-axis (for x-scaling purposes)
and I could place scattered charts (as carrier for text and symbols) at
any (non-integer) x-position.

Using XL2007, scattered charts can only be positioned on x-integer-values.
So I am forced to put a second transparent scattered-chart over the
column-chart?
Or is there any better way to do this in ONE chart?

Thanks in advance: Holger.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Technology has taken a giant leap... backwards.

You could put the XY series onto the secondary axis, remove the secondary Y,
and hide the secondary X (no ticks or labels).

- Jon
-------
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hmmmm. Doing this, Secondary X does not match with primary X.
I'm using time-axis for X-scaling purposes so that I can configure left and
right margin with cell-values.
But I can configure secondary X axis' Min and Max fix to 0 and 100 (e.g.)
and calculate a factor as
Max(X_secondary) / 100 to fit coordinates for scattered chart. But then I
can also use a second chart.