Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default multiple pivotcharts from 1 pivot table?

I have a pivot table that I need to generate several charts from and I need
for each chart not to change when I change the data in the table. Is there a
way to do this? All of these charts will be in the same workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Each chart will change when the pivot table on which it's based changes.
Make a copy of the pivot table for each chart that you need, and base
each chart on a copy.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Debra,

I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that a PivotChart could be copied
and made static so that it wouldn't change when the original Pivot Table
changed.

Thank you for your response.

Jim Jeter

JJeter wrote:
I have a pivot table that I need to generate several charts from and I need
for each chart not to change when I change the data in the table. Is there a
way to do this? All of these charts will be in the same workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry, I thought you wanted each chart's layout to remain the same, if
the pivot table's layout changed.

If you want a static chart, copy the chart, and paste it into a new
workbook. Then, cut it from the new workbook, and paste it back into the
original workbook.

JJeter wrote:

I have a pivot table that I need to generate several charts from and I need
for each chart not to change when I change the data in the table. Is there a
way to do this? All of these charts will be in the same workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Debra,

Thank you. That seems almost too simple. :)

I'll give it a shot.