Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
POP POP is offline

Default Scatter chart, show multipel points

I have done a chatter chart. I would however that it should show if one
co-ordinat has more than one ponit. Exemple: Data is:
Point no x-value y-value
1 3 5
2 3 6
3 3 5
In that case I would like the point 3,5 to show 2 ponits, or saying 2 or
something similar. Is there a good way to achive this?
--
POP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Assuming your X data is in B2:B4 and your Y data in C2:C4, enter this Array
formula into D2:

{=SUM(($B$2:$B$4=B2)*($C$2:$C$4=C2))}

Don't type the curly braces, instead hold CTRL+SHIFT while pressing Enter,
and Excel inserts them for you. Copy this cell and paste it into D3 and D4.

The table now looks like:

Point no x-value y-value Count
1 3 5 2
2 3 6 1
3 3 5 2

Create the chart, then use one of these utilities to add the labels in D2:D4
to the data series:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon