Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I add a horizontal data line to a column chart?

I have two columns of data which I have charted, now I would like to put the
differences between the two.

For instance, if I have 926-843= 83, I want to be able to put that number on
my chart to show the difference.

Thanks
--
DMM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"soconfused" wrote in message
I have two columns of data which I have charted, now I would like to put
the
differences between the two.

For instance, if I have 926-843= 83, I want to be able to put that number
on
my chart to show the difference.

Thanks
--
DMM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon, I'm having a bit of trouble with this.

On my chart at the present time, I have dates on the left axis and text on
the bottom axis. The info in the chart are projected dates and actual dates.
I've been asked to put the difference for each category I don't necessarily
have to plot it, just have the numbers there. Can you help me?
--
DMM

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"soconfused" wrote in message
I have two columns of data which I have charted, now I would like to put
the
differences between the two.

For instance, if I have 926-843= 83, I want to be able to put that number
on
my chart to show the difference.

Thanks
--
DMM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

When you said data line, I was not thinking of a set of labels in a line,
but rather of a line showing a target.

Compute the difference in the worksheet, then use one of these utilities to
add these values to one of the series as data labels:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Or add an invisible line chart series (no line, no markers) to the chart,
using a dummy date to position the points where you want them, and hang the
labels on this series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"soconfused" wrote in message
Jon, I'm having a bit of trouble with this.

On my chart at the present time, I have dates on the left axis and text on
the bottom axis. The info in the chart are projected dates and actual
dates.
I've been asked to put the difference for each category I don't
necessarily
have to plot it, just have the numbers there. Can you help me?
--
DMM

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"soconfused" wrote in message
I have two columns of data which I have charted, now I would like to put
the
differences between the two.

For instance, if I have 926-843= 83, I want to be able to put that
number
on
my chart to show the difference.

Thanks
--
DMM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks so much, that worked great. At some point I will be able to phrase my
questions properly.

Thanks.
--
DMM

[...]