Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default x axis of chart

I am drawing a bar chart of age of firefighters.
In the X axis I have the age interval and in the y axis I have numbe of
firefighters with age in that range.

The table is as follows:
Age No
20 0
30 4
40 64

In this table, 20 means that those whose age are between 0 and 20 and 30
means ages between 20 and 30. Chart draws the bar exactly above these
numbers, but for better interpretation I want the bar chart to appear between
these number. I think this is a basic question and there is a solution for it.
One solution is to put the age as follows:
0-20
20-30
30-40
in x axis but this is not a good solution.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Right click the x-axis; open the Format Axis dialog from the shortcut menu
On the Scale tab, check the box "Y axis crosses between categories"
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Khoshravan said:

I am drawing a bar chart of age of firefighters.

In this table, 20 means that those whose age are between 0 and 20 and 30
means ages between 20 and 30. Chart draws the bar exactly above these
numbers, but for better interpretation I want the bar chart to appear between
these number.

Look here for Mike Middleton's solution:

http://www.treeplan.com/better.htm

You don't have to use the free add-in supplied. I think the page also
contains instructions for achieving the result manually.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try Mike Middleton's Better Histograms utility:

http://www.treeplan.com/better.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP