Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how to select multiple charts on a worksheet in excel 2007

In excel 2007, how does one select a subset of charts on a worksheet,
and then in a macro loop through the selected charts.

The methods that worked prior to excel 2007 do not work. I cannot
figure out how to use the mouse to select the charts, and then in a
macro loop through the selected charts.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Brian Murphy
Austin, TX

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Looks like another bug. You can shift click or ctrl click to select more
than one chart on a worksheet in 2007, just like in other versions. However,
if you have multiple charts on a sheet, if you select only some of them,
this line in Excel VBA

?Selection.Count

returns the number of selected charts in Excel 2003 and earlier, but it
returns the total number of charts in the sheet in 2007. I hadn't noticed
this until your post, because my personal.xls didn't install correctly in
2007 (despite all the assurances that "your commandbars will install just
fine, on the add-ins tab"), so I didn't test in 2007 all of this
functionality I've relied on for years in Excel.

This is a major problem, and I'll file it as a bug.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions