Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JRD JRD is offline

Default Box plots

Can anyone help?

I need to plot my data as a box plot (representing 25th and 75th centile)
with error bars representing 10th and 90th centile. Mr Andy Pope gave me a
solution but unfortunately it is not working as my 25th centile data is often
negative and therefore the stacked column method does not work.

Thanks

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi

Have a look he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

and scroll down to "Box and whisker plots"

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"JRD" wrote:

Can anyone help?

I need to plot my data as a box plot (representing 25th and 75th centile)
with error bars representing 10th and 90th centile. Mr Andy Pope gave me a
solution but unfortunately it is not working as my 25th centile data is often
negative and therefore the stacked column method does not work.

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You have to combine the more complicated data structure of this tutorial:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...eAndBelow.html

with the box and whisker example he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html

Alternatively the Box and Whisker Utility
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html) generates a box and
whisker chart from any data set, including sets with positive and negative
values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP