Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Secondary axis.

I need to create a 2d bar graph with two different axis. I have used the
secondary axis in the format series option but can not get the bars to
display next to each other, they keep over lapping. In total i have 3 series
for each section, the bar on the secondary axis keeps overlapping between the
other two on the primary axis. Does anyone know how to stop this from
happening.

the primary axis is percentages and the secondary axis is a value.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

See here for information on the way around the problem.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

Cheers
Andy

Sarah wrote:
I need to create a 2d bar graph with two different axis. I have used the
secondary axis in the format series option but can not get the bars to
display next to each other, they keep over lapping. In total i have 3 series
for each section, the bar on the secondary axis keeps overlapping between the
other two on the primary axis. Does anyone know how to stop this from
happening.

the primary axis is percentages and the secondary axis is a value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Sarah said:

I need to create a 2d bar graph with two different axis. I have used the
secondary axis in the format series option but can not get the bars to
display next to each other, they keep over lapping. In total i have 3 series
for each section, the bar on the secondary axis keeps overlapping between the
other two on the primary axis. Does anyone know how to stop this from
happening.

The best way is to put a dummy series on each of the axes, one to hold a
place to the right of the bars that are to be left, and one on the other
axis to hold a place to the left of the bars that are to be right.

The two dummy series will be just full of nothing, but they'll push the
real bars apart for you and stop them overlapping with each other.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here's some information from Microsoft that might be useful too:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214011/en-us

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net