Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Line graph automatically adding weekend dates

How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I just
want the dates in the data, work days.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message
How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

sorry, i should have been more clear, how do i do it in 07? i've been all
over the ribbon and can't find the chart options that 03 had, and right
clicking doesn't give it to me.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message
How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

For xl2007,

Select chart and then x axis. CTRL+1 to open Format dialog.
Axis Options Axis Type: Text axis

Cheers
Andy
--

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message
How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
GR GR is offline

Sorry but I must be missing something. I'm with you until "Axis Options", but
under "Axis Options" I don't see anything that says "Axis Type" or anything
that gives me the option to have a text axis. Thanks

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to set the x axis to be category rather than date.
Right click the chart and pick chart options. On the axis tab you can set
the axis type to category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"sara rovang" <sara wrote in message
How do i stop a line graph from automatically adding weekend dates? I
just
want the dates in the data, work days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What kind of chart have you created? Is it an XY chart or a line chart? The
descriptions in this thread cover line charts only. If you are using Excel
2003 or earlier, see Andy's earlier post. Andy's latter post id for Excel
2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP