Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Table Drop down

I am using pivot charts I created in Excel 2003. When I open the old charts
in Excel 2007 they open in the compatibility mode. The drop downs that I had
in the chart to look at different data is missing. How do I get the drop
downs to show back up. I can alway go back to the pivot table to change the
data but it was much easier to change it on the chart. thanks.
--
Dale
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

With the chart selected, on the Ribbon, click the Analyze tab
Click PivotChart Filter
This opens a dialog box where you can change the filters.
You can also click Field List on the Ribbon, to open the pivot table
field list.

Dale Hagan wrote:
I am using pivot charts I created in Excel 2003. When I open the old charts
in Excel 2007 they open in the compatibility mode. The drop downs that I had
in the chart to look at different data is missing. How do I get the drop
downs to show back up. I can alway go back to the pivot table to change the
data but it was much easier to change it on the chart. thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In the prior version of Excel, the filters were on the chart itself and one
could easily see what the data was on the chart. I want the chart to look the
way it did in Excel 2003 or at least title the chart with what the data is.
--
Dale