Junior Member

Default Adi

Dear all
I need toprepare a chart for a big data table.but im not able to figureout how to define data series.Moreover the chart is pretty clumsy owing to the large No of fields.This is needed to compare the results of various companies

Pls find the attachment for more insight.and Kindly help me on this as to which type of chart would be more suitable for a more meaningful presentation of the chart.

Pls suggest whether i should rearrange my data in any other way

Thanx
Adi

Last edited by suraneniaditya : September 2nd 08 at 05:05 AM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

suraneniaditya,
Here is one solution:
I started with Company 1.
Select everything in cells C2 thru X6.
I selected bar graph, then next.
Series, select rows.
Add Name: Type in whatever is in cell C1.
Value: Sheet1!$C$2:$C$6
Category (x) axis label: Sheet1!$A$2:$B$6
Continue by selecting "Add" series.
Name: Type in whatever is in cell D1.
Value: Sheet1!$D$2:$D$6
Category (x) axis label: should not change.
Continue as you need.

hth
Dennis

"suraneniaditya" wrote:

Dear all
I need toprepare a chart for a big data table.but im not able to
figureout how to define data series.Moreover the chart is pretty clumsy
owing to the large No of fields.This is needed to compare the results of
various companies

Pls find the attachment for more insight.and Kindly help me on this as
to which type of chart would be more suitable for a more meaningful
presentation of the chart.

Pls suggest whether i should rearrange my data in any other way

Thanx
Adi

|Filename: chart.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97|