Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Subscripted text in the legend of a graph

Hi,
I have been trying to write a legend in a graph which has some of its
part subscripted. However, I have not been able to do so. Could
anybody show me a way out.
nure

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If your superscripts are just 2 and 3 (squared and cubed) then for toy axis
header use something like y +ALT0179 or y+ALT0179 (digits on the number
pad) to get y² and y³

For other digits you need a fond such as Chemistry font (see
http://www.scs-intl.com/frameload.htm?/chemfont.htm) which has sub and
superscripts for all digits. So does the Calibri font in Office 2007 but
they do not have sequential ASCII values.

See also
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/Excel...and_Charts.htm
(needs updating - I refer to the newest XL as Excel 12 /2006 !!!)
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I have been trying to write a legend in a graph which has some of its
part subscripted. However, I have not been able to do so. Could
anybody show me a way out.
nure

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the text that you want to subscript

Select Format Axis Title from either the format menu or a right click menu

Check the subscript box in the resulting dialog and click OK

Note that you can use this not only for subscripts, but also for a variety
of changes to individual characters in titles, legends, etc.

" wrote:

Hi,
I have been trying to write a legend in a graph which has some of its
part subscripted. However, I have not been able to do so. Could
anybody show me a way out.
nure

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Your suggestion will not work for characters within the Legend text.
Formatting is all or nothing for each legend entry.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel