Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
hmm hmm is offline

Default Adjust width of title

A title on my chart clearly would fit on one line, but Excel does not use the
full width of the chart area for the title.

Is there a way to fix this problem.

I vaguely recall that in a version of Excel in the late 90's/early 2000's
had resizing handles on chart & axis titles. Is this just my imagination, or
was this feature removed?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

There are what appear to be sizing handles, but they are like the Close Door
button in an elevator, and don't do anything. What you could do is delete
the title and add a text box, which has more formatting options than a chart
text element anyway. Select the chart first, then add a text box, and add
text. If you're using a version earlier than 2007, select the chart, click
in the formula bar, and type the text you want, and Excel will automatically
put it into a text box. (Microsoft removed this capability in 2007, because
too many dumb users didn't know how random text appeared in their charts.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions