hogon

Default superscript text in legend

I have created some superscript text in some of the column headings in my
table, i.e., Gender[a], Education[b], with [a] and [b] being superscriptted.
However, in the legend of my chart, the superscript text just appears regular
size, so it looks like I have committed typos.

Is there a way I can maintain the "superscriptness" of certain characters in
my legend text?
Bernard Liengme

No. Unfortunately, when a chart uses a cell to title (or text box) it does
not take the format with it.

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"hogon" wrote in message
I have created some superscript text in some of the column headings in my
table, i.e., Gender[a], Education[b], with [a] and [b] being
superscriptted.
However, in the legend of my chart, the superscript text just appears
regular
size, so it looks like I have committed typos.

Is there a way I can maintain the "superscriptness" of certain characters
in
my legend text?

John Mansfield

As Bernard noted, with Excel's charting tools you can't. However, you can
always eliminate the standard legend and create a picture of worksheet cells
as an alternative. This example explains how to do so:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...s_camera_tool/

This method allows you to perform custom formatting on the cells that you
want to copy into the chart. The example shows a border around the legend
but it is not necessarily needed. You have total control over what you want
to copy into the chart.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield