Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Export charts

I would like to export chart as vectorized images (*.eps, *.pdf for
instance) in order to use them in latex and not care about sizing,
resolution, ...
It seems that I cannot do that with Excel 2003. Is it possible with
Excel 2007 ?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can copy as a picture (hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, then
choose Copy Picture), and use the Picture options, which copies the chart as
a metafile, which means a vector graphic. This can be pasted into many
applications. If you paste it into PowerPoint, I believe you can even save
it from PowerPoint as a vector graphic image file.

The results following the equivalent procedure in 2007 are disappointing.
The objects in the vector graphic are not rendered the same way, resulting
in a messy graphic.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP