Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel ScatterPlots

I am graphing data points in a scatter plot. Some of the data points
are repeats throughout the data set.

Is there any way to make the size of the dots (data points on the
graph) that I am using depend upon the number of same data points I
have in my data set?

I want the graph to be able to reflect that some points are repeated
many times, not just a single point like all the others.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you're willing to use a macro, the procedure below will flag any
duplicates. Copy the macro into a standard module. Click on the XY chart
and run the macro.

Sub ShowXYDuplicatePoints()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim Cht As Chart
Dim Srs As Series
Dim Pt As Points
Dim nPts As Long, iPt As Long
Dim Test As Variant
Dim UniqueValues As New Collection

Set Cht = ActiveChart

For Each Srs In Cht.SeriesCollection
With Srs
nPts = .Points.Count
For iPt = 1 To nPts
Test = Srs.XValues(iPt) & Srs.Values(iPt)
UniqueValues.Add Acct, CStr(Test)
On Error GoTo ErrHandler:
If iPt + 1 nPts Then
ActiveChart.Deselect
Exit Sub
End If
Label1:
Next
End With
Next Srs

ErrHandler:
Srs.Points(iPt).MarkerSize = 10
Srs.Points(iPt).MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 3
Srs.Points(iPt).MarkerForegroundColorIndex = 3
If iPt + 1 nPts Then
ActiveChart.Deselect
Exit Sub
End If