Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie in Pie Chart

Hi Folks - I have the following data:

Salaries 29%
Programs 71%
dept1 9%
dept2 61%
dept3 30%

Dept1, 2 and 3 are part of salaries. I'd like to make a pie on pie chart
that breaks out the salaries into the departments. Once I select the data
and create the chart, I always get an extra slice in the primary chart name
other. I'd like to eliminate other from the primary chart. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Other is the sum of the departmental salaries, right? So is Salaries. Make
the chart without the separate Salaries data point, and change the Other
label to read Salaries.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP