Line and Point in the same chart?

Hello,

I have data as follows:
M L G Y
Jan 5 7 8 2
Feb 4 7 1 4
Mar 8 4 4 9
Apr 3 5 7 1

I need to display the data using x = (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr) and y = (M, L, G,
Y) using a Line chart except for Mar which I wanted to appear as a separate
point.

Do you have any idea, I appreciate your help

Jon Peltier

Line and Point in the same chart?

You want Jan, Feb, and April to be on the same line, without March?

Rearrange your data as shown:

M L G Y M L G Y
Jan 5 7 8 2
Feb 4 7 1 4
Mar 8 4 4 9
Apr 3 5 7 1

Make eight series instead of four. Go to Tools menu Options Chart tab,
and choose the Interpolate option for how you want Excel to deal with gaps.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Rana" wrote in message
Hello,

I have data as follows:
M L G Y
Jan 5 7 8 2
Feb 4 7 1 4
Mar 8 4 4 9
Apr 3 5 7 1

I need to display the data using x = (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr) and y = (M, L,
G,
Y) using a Line chart except for Mar which I wanted to appear as a
separate
point.

Do you have any idea, I appreciate your help

Rana

Line and Point in the same chart?

Great, I really don't know how to thank you

- Rana