Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Lines on x-axis

Dear All,

I'm making a x-y axis chart, with two parameters temperature
and time. Temperature is on y-axis and time is on x-axis. Here I'm
giving the some readings for better understanding.

Temp. Time

25 10:24:10
30 10:24:30
35 10:24:40
40 10:24:50
45 10::25:00
50 10:25:10

When I make achart with the grid I could get the lines only at the
time value on the chart, but I need lines at the other values like
10:24:14, 10:24:56, 10:25:07...

Could any of you please advice me how to do this.

Thanks in advace.

Regards

Ramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Charting will be easier if the X data is listed to the left of the Y data.

An XY chart gives axis ticks and gridlines at regular intervals, for
example, every ten seconds. It does not provide a gridline at every data
point. There are two ways to get a gridline at each point:

1. Use a Line chart with a category (not time-scale) axis. This spaces the
data points equally regardless of any values of the X data, so the spacing
between 10:24:00 and 10:24:01 would be equal to that between 10:24:01 and
10:24:10. This is probably not what you want.

2. Create a set of fake gridlines using a helper XY series, with a data
point everywhere along the X axis where you want a gridline, and use error
bars for the actual gridlines:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...Gridlines.html

- Jon
-------