Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Eliminating "tails" on line charts

I am utilizing the line chart option in generating a personal weight loss
chart within Excel. Therefore, the graph has weight on the vertical axis and
time on the horizontal axis. The weight entries have "holes" in the data due
to some days of no data entered. I want the line graph to have discontinuity
durin the days where no data was entered. To clarify, I want the line graph
to be continuous up to the day where no data was entered, the graph will have
no data points or lines on the days where the data is missing, then the graph
will start again on the next data entry.

When I use a single row data array as the data series, the line graph does
show a break in the line of continuous data, however Excel graphs a vertical
line down to zero at every stopping data point, then a vertical line from
zero up to the appropriate value when the data starts again. I call these
"tails" on the graph. Is there any way to eliminate these "tails"?

I found out that, when charting a data series of manually entered data, the
absence of data resulted in no tail. However, when charting a data series of
data where formulas generated the data, the tails appear. I must state that
the formulae have "IF(...)" functions within them. The false action executes
the empty quotes "" for data holes.

Please assist. THANKS!!!