Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default percent correct

I'm trying to get the absolute percentage correct for a formula. If there is
200 expected and 215 received I'm looking for the absolute percentage not a
percentage over 100%. The answer would always be under 100%. IWS there a
formula for this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What's an "absolute" percentage? If you are tracking the percentage of the
expected which was received, you divide received by expected, or 215/200,
for 107.5%. It makes little sense to take a reciprocal of this, because it's
hard to care what percentage of the number of items you received was what
you had expected.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"travis" wrote in message
I'm trying to get the absolute percentage correct for a formula. If there
is
200 expected and 215 received I'm looking for the absolute percentage not
percentage over 100%. The answer would always be under 100%. IWS there a
formula for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

These entries provide examples for calculating the mean absolute percentage
error:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcula...ecast_Accuracy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAPE

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

Percent Octet32 New Users to Excel 4 December 12th 06 01:35 PM
Percent of smiths4 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 September 22nd 06 04:22 PM
Formatting a number to look like a Percent without a percent sign David Iacoponi Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 15th 05 06:35 PM
Need Percent of Records LMB New Users to Excel 8 April 30th 05 05:40 PM
Percent Rank emcote Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 25th 05 10:04 PM