Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how do I draw a historgram?

there is no predefined option to draw histograms or is there? I did not find
any. can anyone tell me how to draw a histogram using excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use Tools | Data Analysis | Histogram
If you do not see Data Analysis then you need to but the Office/Excel CD in
the drive and use Add/Delete Programs to install this feature.

OR
You could use the FREQUENCY function to make a data table then make a column
chart. You can format the data series in a column chart so that the columns
have no gaps between them

I searched Google with "Excel histogram" and found a number of sites. This
one seems helpful
http://www.treeplan.com/BetterHistog...41117_1555.htm

Please return if you need more details
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"neksejan" wrote in message
there is no predefined option to draw histograms or is there? I did not
find
any. can anyone tell me how to draw a histogram using excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have a couple pages on histograms:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histogram.html

Mike Middleton's page (which Bernard cited) is nice because it fixes the
category axis in a way that is not native to Excel, with labels between the
columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP